Pageviews

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's like painting... with science!

Unbeknownst to most of you who will read this, there is a movement taking place. No, I'm not talking about Occupy. I've never been very politically savvy, and I doubt I ever will be, so let's table that discussion.

Right now, there are hundreds of people who are unsatisfied with the colors available to them for nail polish. I know, it's trivial, but for some people it's at the very least something that they can get creative with. As my mother will attest, I love to get creative. Back when I was young, I would spend hours mixing random things together to see what would happen. My room at my parents' house is painted three different shades of green with a yellow ceiling. The curtains are orange/red, and the bedclothes are about six different colors.

It is not a room most people find relaxing.

So when I started exploring the world of nail polish, it didn't take me too long to come across the world of frankenpolish. An obvious reference to Mary Shelly's well-known character, the term refers to mixing bits of existing polish to create your own unique shade. For those of you who know me, you will realize I find this to be a very appealing idea.

I have started to mix colors of my own, and it will take me a while to find my individual voice - but, hey! That's what artistry is all about! I'm still in the middle of finding a good 6-8 recipes that I like well enough, and then I'll try selling 5ml bottles on Etsy for a while to see if I stack up to everyone else on there.

It's a challenge to come up with something that will be individual enough to sell well, but I'm always up for a challenge! I can't wait to see what I come up with, and I'll keep you posted on my creations. For now, the only color that's near enough to muster is up on facebook. Let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment